Water Damage Restoration
Who We Are
At JB Plumbing in San Dimas, California, you can expect upfront pricing; fast, free estimates; licensed, bonded and insured plumbers who are neat, polite, and well trained. We use state-of-the-art tools and equipment and are proud of the fact our services are free from hidden costs like travel charges. If you call JB Plumbing today, 24/7, you will speak directly to a plumber instead of a telephone answering service. At JB Plumbing, we are experts in residential and commercial plumbing as well as construction. Call today to schedule an appointment. (909) 593-2194.
We Fix The Leak And Provide Emergency Clean Up Service.
One Call Does It All!
Flooding creates a mess. There’s no “quick fix” to the problem, and if the homeowner or property manager fails to correctly repair and do water damage restoration, the home or apartment building can become inhabitable. The damages from a flooding event can be massive. For example, more than 100,000 buildings and $1.5 billion in flood damage in North Carolina occurred following Hurricane Matthew. Water damage mitigation tactics are needed after such an event.
Five Quick-Fix Tips for a Waterlogged Structure: Remove soaked materials. Some homeowners make the mistake of trying to salvage carpet by drying or soaking it with disinfectant. If moisture fills your carpet and pad, resulting from a busted pipe or hurricane, toss the carpet and the pad. This type of evasive action is also necessary for water-logged curtains, drapes, and upholstered furniture that comes in contact with massive amounts of water. Also toss electronics, as they can short, resulting in fire and potential injury. When in doubt, toss it out.
Homeowners and business owners affected by Matthew have only 72 hours after flooding to prevent the spread of mold. Since mold thrives in warm, humid climates growth is quick and can easily get out of control unless abatement is swift and thorough.
After removing soaked materials, disinfect surfaces with a bleach/water solution to prevent mold growth. Interior walls should also be sprayed after throwing away affected drywall, which acts like a sponge.
Inspect hardwood floors. Hardwood flooring is a big-ticket item that is expensive to replace. After a flood, make sure the sub-floor is dry, which requires the use of strategically-placed, heavy-duty drying machines. This process can take a week or more, and, in severe cases, flooring may have absorbed too much moisture to salvage.
Introduce Fresh Air
A crucial part of residential water damage restoration is to introduce low-humidity air throughout the home. Don’t just turn on a small residential fan and open the windows. You will need commercial-grade
“air pushers,” which forcefully send air through wet crevices. Use dehumidifiers to reduce water vapor levels and reduce the chances of mold growth within walls.
Proactively prevent future floods.
While you cannot control a weather-related flooding event, you can proactively take steps to reduce the risk of flooding in your home or business and the associated need for water damage restoration.
Talk to the experts at JB Plumbing about replacing old pipes and checking appliance connections in order to prevent floods. Water damage is especially destructive because it’s difficult to see all of the effects and potential problems. Remediation means throwing out all soaked materials and then playing detective to spot any potential mold growth. So, make sure you work with a plumbing company that will work directly with your insurance company, to determine your coverage. With JB Plumbing, you can expect upfront pricing; fast, free estimates; licensed, bonded and insured plumbers who are neat, polite, and well trained. We use state-of-the-art tools and equipment and are proud of the fact our services are free from hidden costs like travel charges. If you call JB Plumbing today, 24/7, you will speak directly to a plumber instead of a telephone answering service. At JB Plumbing, we are experts in residential and commercial plumbing as well as construction. Call today to schedule an appointment. (909) 592-8487.
Experience Where It’s Needed
Electronic leak detection tools are essential for slab leaks. They utilize decibel meters to identify and triangulate the loudest readings.
- Then, the plumber uses line location equipment to find the leaking pipe under the concrete, asphalt, or other surfaces.
- The pipe has to be metallic to be traced. PVC water lines will not carry the signal from a transmitter.
- Most customers opt to not jackhammer the concrete to fix the water leak. Rather by abandoning the leaking pipe and then running a new line overhead.
Infrared cameras identify water leaks. These cameras show larger red or blue spots that indicate moisture or hot pockets.
- Our experienced techs understand how to utilize the equipment. They follow the source of water leaks through walls, allowing them to minimize the need for construction work after the leak has been repaired.
What to expect
- JB Plumbing will conduct a full visual inspection of your home’s hot and cold water system.
- Our Technician will perform an electronic leak detection to find the water leak.
- We use sensitive microphones and meters to triangulate the problem.
- We deploy our line locating equipment to trace the affected pipe.
- We can trace metallic pipes under any surface with our equipment.
- We find the source of the water leak we will advise you of the diagnosis.
- We will present you with a written diagnosis and estimate of repairs.
- There is often more than one option available to fix your water leak. Our experienced techs will walk you through the options.
- Once you decide how to proceed we will repair the water leak quickly and efficiently.
- Our plumbers are experts at these repairs, all work is fully guaranteed.
- We take great pride in making sure the job is done correctly and you are happy.
- JB Plumbing can help homeowners with insurance claims. We know how to accurately present the necessary information to adjusters.